JOB OPPORTUNITIESPOSSIBILITÉS D'EMPLOIJOB OPPORTUNITIES
Job title: Project Manager
Starting date: September – October 2022
Location/Based in Mauritius
The Project Manager will be responsible for the construction phase of Solar PV projects while maintaining the budget and schedule.
The position will manage and direct project management activities and act as the liaison between clients, stakeholders, engineers, contractors, third-party construction managers and other consultants during the execution phase of a project. This position will also be responsible for the coordination during the execution phase and close out of projects.
The candidate must deliver positive results and assume accountability for delivering projects on an approved schedule and on budget to maintain value and protect profitability.
Qualifications and Skills
- Level of education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/ Mechatronic Engineering/ Civil Engineering or Equivalent
- An MBA will be an advantage
- PMP Certification or equivalent will be an advantage
- Proven track record of 5+ years of project management experience
- Electrical/Mechanical or Civil Licensing is strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, self-motivated with demonstrated problem-solving capability.
- Self-starter with excellent presentation skills with constant attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-disciplined and result oriented.
- Fluent in English and French is a prerequisite.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Autonomy, proactivity, agility and flexibility as well as a good ability to work in a team and interface with various internal and external stakeholders.
Preferred area of experience
Project Management, Contract Management, Construction management, Negotiation, Renewable Energies, Solar, Storage, Infrastructures
Main responsibilities & missions, profile
- Project Management of solar farms projects according to PMI principles or equivalent
- Drive execution of the projects, keeping them on schedule and on budget, while maintaining relationships with clients, stakeholders, and vendors.
- Maintain top quality customer service with clients and all stakeholders.
- Manage project budgets, schedules and other information
- Develop and maintain project timeline, identify critical path and key milestones for project’s success.
- Communicate with utilities and authority having jurisdictions regarding interconnection, permitting, and other regulatory compliance issues.
- Evaluate installer’s progress reports with an eye toward managing project risks.
- Present project progress, key findings, and recommendations.
- Manage weekly meetings with contractors to discuss project progress.
- Engage and coordinate internal resources, engineers, consultants, and solar installers in preparation and execution of project plans through completion.
- Review and take ownership of project budgets including cost of permits and fees, third-party consultants, and construction costs for off-site, site work.
- Review and take ownership of project schedules for construction and delivery.
- Coordinate and manage solar installers, conduct project meetings, and provide weekly progress reports to client.
- Lead the preparation and negotiate construction bid amounts and contract terms.
- Work closely with Business Development team members providing recommendations on how to enhance and improve building and/or site configuration.
- Report all issues and deviations: HSE, contractual, schedule, budget, and progress follow up and manage the construction site team in charge of the day to-day activities on site
- Ensure that Lessons learned, tools, guidelines, and methods for project execution are properly shared between the various regional entities
- Ensure proper coordination between team members in accordance with agreed framework
- Deployment of processes and implementation of methods, tools, and best practices in projects under construction, in line with the Group environmental and quality standards
- Issue internal weekly Project Reporting including risks and opportunities register
- Coordinate handover to operation team and lessons learned meetings